DACA Attorneys in Chicago
Helping Clients Seek DACA Benefits
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is a federal program implemented in 2012 to protect eligible young undocumented individuals who entered the United States as minors from removal. This federal program could impact your immigration goals, so it is important to be aware of its rules and limitations.
Speak with one of our experienced Chicago attorneys at Borjas Law Group, LLC. today and find out how receiving DACA could help you accomplish your immigration goals in the U.S.
Deferred Action Green Card
DACA does not grant permanent resident status (“green card”) and it is not a permanent benefit. However, DACA beneficiaries receive employment authorization and some may receive a travel permit on a limited basis.
DACA is an invaluable immigration benefit for those facing removal proceedings or for those in the custody of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICE”).
Contact us online or call (312) 698-9066 to schedule your consultation.
Determining Eligibility for DACA
Undocumented individuals seeking DACA benefits must meet a set of eligibility requirements.
DACA applicants must:
- Have been under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- Have come to the U.S. before turning 16
- Have continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007
- Have been physically present in the U.S. since 15, 2012
- Currently be in school, have graduated from high school, have a GED, or be an honorably discharged U.S. veteran
- Not have been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three other misdemeanors
- Not post a threat to national security or public safety
If you meet these requirements, you may be eligible for protection from removal under DACA. Borjas Law Group, LLC. can also help if you are currently a DREAMer and need to renew your DACA status.
Our team of Chicago attorneys has experience:
- Filing Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Renewing applications for existing DACA recipients
- Submitting applications for permits for travel outside of the United States based on DACA
- Determining if existing DACA recipients may also qualify for other immigration benefits in the U.S., such as immigrant visas and permanent resident status (“green card”) based on family ties in the U.S.
To learn more about DACA, read our FAQ or call us at (312) 698-9066.
I highly recommend Xavier Borjas and Borjas Law Group to anyone requiring immigration assistance.- Jemal Imereli
He [Xavier] clarified all the concerns I had and explained everything simply.- Violetta Moliaka
We would not have been able to get through the process without Xavier and his team's help and support.- Liam IL-YOUNG Chung
Xavier Borjas was extremely helpful.- Klodian Dedi
I have nothing but great things to say about Xavier!- Marie Sanchez