Humanitarian Relief Attorneys in Chicago
Stepping in to Support Those in Need
The United States immigration system offers humanitarian relief to victims of physical or mental abuse, natural catastrophes, persecution and other unsafe scenarios in the U.S. and abroad. Such benefits were intended to protect and offer safe refuge to vulnerable individuals facing dangerous circumstances.
At Borjas Law Group, LLC., our lawyers have represented asylum seekers, victims of domestic violence, abuse, and natural disasters in immigration court and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
If you or someone you love is suffering abuse or persecution, contact us immediately at (312) 698-9066.
Get the Protection You Need
Our Chicago attorneys are compassionate and have the experience to assist individuals seeking humanitarian relief in the U.S.
We frequently handle cases involving:
- Asylum before USCIS and immigration court
- Withholding of Removal and Protection under the UN Convention Against Torture (CAT) in immigration court
- Benefits under the Violence Against Women Act* (VAWA)
Temporary Protective Status (TPS)
- Affirmative filings and extensions with USCIS
- Defensive filings in immigration court to prevent removal from the U.S.
- Humanitarian Reinstatement of Form I-130 Family-based Immigration Petitions based on the petitioning relative’s death
- Other forms of Deferred Action and Prosecutorial Discretion in immigration removal proceedings
- Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ) status
- U Visas for victims of certain crimes
* Despite its name, both women and men may qualify for benefits under VAWA relief.
A Nationwide Practice
Our team at Borjas Law Group, LLC. has experience assisting individuals seeking humanitarian relief in the U.S. Though we are based in Chicago, we serve clients around the world. Our lawyers are available for same-day appointments and maintain a hands-on, attentive approach to every case. If you need humanitarian relief, Borjas Law Group, LLC. is ready to step in and help you seek protection.
Give us a call at (312) 698-9066 to get started with a consultation.